About Our Family

Adam and I have been married since January 2008 and have enjoyed sharing our life together! August 23, 2010 we welcomed Rebekah Ann into our family and we are discovering the joys of parenthood! Jacob joined us November 20, 2012. This blog is all about our little family.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Get Back to Work!

So, I started back to work this week. I’m so thankful that I can work part-time, otherwise this would be much harder than it already is! It was pretty tough on Monday, even though I only went in for 4 hours, picked her up for about an hour, then went to an evening meeting. I think the hardest was getting home from my meeting at 9:30 and only getting to rock her for 10 minutes before bed. At least I had all day Tuesday to play with her!

Wednesday was my first full day back – 9-5. The morning went by fast, but the afternoon dragged. At least I’m getting back into the work that I do enjoy.

The adjustment is hard, but I’ve decided it’s just a matter of getting used to a new “normal.” It got progressively easier as the week went on, so I guess we are adjusting.

My biggest concern is that I’m going to miss her doing something big for the first time. Like finishing this move:

She’s so thinking about turning over and it is funny to watch. I hear it kinda freaks out the baby the first time they actually roll the whole way, so I’m always watching carefully, waiting for it to happen so I can take in her reaction. I just don’t want it to happen while I’m away! But I guess it is just one of the many things about our little girl that I can’t control…

2 comments:

  1. I've got just 2 weeks left...technically 9 days until my first full day. If you have another...just wait until you see how the older one seems to age YEARS in just the time you spend in the hospital with #2. I'm thankful I've had any time home...but really don't want full time........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have to go back full time Katie - I can tell you aren't looking forward to it! :(

    ReplyDelete