About Our Family

Adam and I have been married since January 2008 and have enjoyed sharing our life together! August 23, 2010 we welcomed Rebekah Ann into our family and we are discovering the joys of parenthood! Jacob joined us November 20, 2012. This blog is all about our little family.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy Baptism Birthday!

Wow, It's been over a month and a half since my last post. We've been busy with a couple of trips out of town in September, a class I was teaching, and other things with friends, family, and work. I owe you all some serious updates, but I thought I would post this quick one. Yesterday was the 1st anniversary of Rebekah's baptism! We want to make this a special tradition in our house. We had a busy day yesterday with brunch plans and a trip to the State Fair (went to mass on Saturday night...don't worry!), so our celebration extended to today.

We blessed yesterday Rebekah using a special baptism anniversary blessing in the Catholic Household Blessings and Prayers book. We celebrated today with a cupcake on our You Are Special Today plate.


She loved it!


Last year, I took a picture of her on the morning of her big day. This year I missed that chance...so I took one at night instead. (She's already awake and running around in circles in the crib when I go in there in the mornings!) Anyway, for comparison, here's last year:


and this year


such a sleeping cutie!

(We wanted to light her baptismal candle as a part of this special celebration, but it is buried somewhere in the closet...we'll make sure we find it for next year!)

Happy Baptism Birthday to our little girl!

1 comment:

  1. So neat! Her baptism day seems so far away and yet, seems like only yesterday at the same time! Godmother Angie, Godfather Scott, Landon and Cooper all love you Bekah!!!

    ReplyDelete